Friday 15 November 2019

Grown up rules to hide n seek OR Remember Ghost writer?!

In my youth, when I thought there were ghost in a room, I would say "I know you're there."
Now I am older and a little wiser.
I know better than to talk to ghosts that way.
Now I say "I'm here."
As a child, I assumed those that hid were playing games of hide and seek.
That when you are caught, you may no longer hide.
Rules are rules.
Now I know that those that hide, aren't always ready to be caught.
The same goes for the living.
I no longer call them out on their shifts in mood, or aloofness, or growing distance to myself.
They are wherever they are: I need to trust they chose to be there.
What they may not know, however, is that I am just right here.
Not a room's length away.
You're there, or maybe you're not. But I am most certainly right here.
Now you know.
And I'll stay if you like.
Or I'll go.

No comments:

Post a Comment