Sunday 3 November 2019

A loose metaphor for an actor's side job OR When can I be superman???

HELP!
Please someone save all the babies from the baby seeking tornado!
Oh no: the puppies!
They're falling into puppy specific quicksand - that's quicksand that pulls the cutest and most loved doggo's into the earth to never be seen or heard from again!
Such horror!
Such cruelty!!!
Surely someone will save them!? Save us!!?!
Anybody! Save the the world! Save the puppies and the babies!!!

Never fear!
Somebody can!
And somebody will! SUPERMAN!!!
...
Just as soon as Clark Kent finishes typing up this article about the local street market/weird shaped whatever at the whatever's day whatever/Is generation blah, blah-ing the blah-blah-distry???
Sorry.
Superman can't save the day right now, Clark Kent has a deadline.
Clark has to meet the deadline, otherwise Clark's boss won't get off his back about deadline!
And what with print media already being such a tight racket to get involved in, Clark has no reason to complain, and it is SO EXPENSIVE to rent in Metropolis - he's just glad to have any sustainable income.
Hmmm, not sure he'll be able to save both the puppies AND the babies ... he should save just the babies - IF he has to choose one ... or maybe most of the babies and some of the puppies. Is that a fair compromise? Is there anything in the fridge for dinner? That spinach has to be bad by now, right?
Just save the puppies?
That's crazy, I have to save some babies.
Oh crap, I have only noodles and no pasta don't I? If I buy sauce, I can grab spinach too ... no. What if the spinach I have is still good, then I won't finish the spinach I buy, and then half of it will go bad and I'll feel bad for wasting it.
UGH!!!
... Half puppies, half babies?!
F@#% it! Why bother save anyone or anything?!
... I'll just grab poppeye's tonight ...
how many "m"s in "commitment"?

No comments:

Post a Comment