Saturday 23 December 2017

Day 53

New game:
Holiday newsletter for the future!

Seasons greetings Friends!
I hope the season is being kind to you and yours, on the first winter in Canadian history with absolutely zero road accidents. Who knew just being a careful and patient driver made all the difference?
What a year it has been!
I'm glad we all agreed that mass produced greeting card prices were getting out of control and it is no longer expected to buy an impersonal piece of card stock for 7 dollars. It's made the holidays strangely less stressful.
Biggest shock of the year is a tie between:
1) Aliens showing up and revealing that they know we're here; that they don't have any interest in bothering us, but we should totally meet up when we get our space travel in better order! Really took the air out all those international conflicts that'd been dragging on.
And
2) Every bigoted, homophobic, science denying, poor people hating politician in North America turning out to just be Andy Kaufman in a complex long form sketch! So much commitment for a single bit could only be pulled off by a master satirist. Bravo, Andy. I'm glad monsters aren't running the world.

In my own life, I'm happy to say I have finally let go of all my supporting jobs and am able to focus solely on creativity.
Still a way to go for that big break out role, but sustainability is now an option and that is more than okay by me.
Consistently good writing is finally pouring out of me without my having to open a vein or break a boulder with my skull.
Doctors tell me I can now donate blood twice as often, since I'm no longer pouring so much onto blank pages in hopes of summoning inspiration.
And since flights within Canada no longer cost as much as a flight anywhere else in the world, I've been able to visit the family in Alberta more. This includes watching all the cartoons with my sister's kids! Yes, even the shows I'm not in. They're not old enough to know how cool I am for voicing cartoons, but I'll keep telling them.
All in all, not a bad year and 2019 is looking to be another great one!
Well, I don't have to tell any of you that.
Congrats to all of you for wining the lottery this year!
That's all for now. I'm looking through travel guides for our upcoming tour. In all my years, I never imagined I'd get to perform in - well, I'll leave that for next years letter.

All the best to you and yours!
Love and large grins,
Scott T. Garland

No comments:

Post a Comment