Sunday 10 December 2017

Day 40

A dream journal is an example of something that sounds more exciting than it really is.
Like a Cat-person, or a Dragon fruit. Seriously, take either of those modifiers with noun at face value and the imagination conjures up some bad ass things!
A dream journal is just a journal you record your dreams into. But most people can't remember their dreams, so it's usually half remembered garbles of some shark that represents your ex husband from a previous life. Or a flower with a butt for a face, which somehow suggests you've got an aversion to change ...
It's essentially a book that no one has any reason to want to read, unless they want to put themselves to sleep. Upon waking they can then record their own half-remembered biochemical brain firings into a specifically delegated coiled notebook that may or may not have the phrase be-you-tiful on the cover, so someone else requiring the reading equivalent of a sedative can take a peak at it, keeping the knockout cycle going in perpetuity!
...
Cat people just own a lot of cats. They're not part feline.
And Dragon fruit just tastes weird. The shape is a little bizarre. But come on. You're called dragon fruit. Live up to the hype.
And my attempts to map out my subconscious by translating the reverb from the echoes I experience in REM sleep isn't likely to come up with the best results.
But dammit those cats need someone to care for them.
And fruits don't name themselves. If they did, they'd probably all follow some variation of "Please don't eat me, I'm sentient. You can tell I am because I named myself."
And I'm willing to communicate with my subconscious parts any way I can.
Because that's what I'm trying to do right?
Dip into the pool and come back with lessons learned?
That's what journeys are, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment