Monday 6 November 2017

Day 7

I'm looking for a place so far and so remote, so as to be certain of my solitude.
I've a mental toy box needs unpacking and I can't do that and risk others hearing.
So you see the longer the distance covered, the shorter the distance claimed.
The outward show mirrors the inward divide. From me, to I = from here to long distance diving
It's frustratingly dull and gets in the way of all travel plans.
Adventure was just an excuse to meet me in another place and pretend we're in another time.
I'm not saying the view isn't stunning, but I've imaginary friends to tend to.
And they have been feeding themselves on nothing but longing and neglect. Nourishing no, but upside: they got the cheekbones back.
Some of them have image issues, I wouldn't bring it up.
Yes, yes ocean depths. I'm impressed, but this one travels through time, to one day become the greatest wrestler of all time. And while he doesn't know wrestling is fake, I don't have the heart to tell him. Never shatter a dream's dream. You'll cut yourself on the resulting clouds.
This ones following a ghost of a man they thought they knew, but spoiler alert, the man didn't die: he just became the enemy in the end. It's all a metaphor for footfalls in idolatry. You can learn from flawed figures, but to believe them flawless is to believe yourself broken by default. Don't let your love of a good story destroy your self esteem, my young traveler. He's also got a pet wolf and anime sword & hair.
This one just stays at home making love. To everything. Everyone. All day everyday. Except on Sundays.
He's not a church goer, mind you. There's just something inherently subdued about a Sunday and he'd rather give in to rest. He'll make up for it Monday and feel bad about it Tuesday.
Here's the theme song, sung by the original cast, of a 90's cartoon too awesome to exist. There's a mob squad with the least amount of swearing you never did hear. A tree that can take two steps a day and an army of hamsters, too busy playing to acknowledge their short lifespans ...
Boarding call for flights back to mailing addresses.
Pick up your post cards and pretend you didn't pretend away your vacation stay.
Back to the box you all miraculously fit in.
I'll see you all when next I leave life behind.
I'd bring you with, but in the real world thing die from neglect.
And longing would just make you sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment