Thursday 16 November 2017

Day 12

The question I least look forward to answering on a near daily basis is: "What do you want?"
I am a difficult person to get a gift for. And dating me has proven time and again to be exhausting.
I'm not lying to you when I reply "I don't know." Because I thought I answered that question years ago, and have been working to make my dreams a reality. But all that seems false if I say it again and it still hasn't happened. Right?
I want to be a better man today than I was yesterday, while working towards the better man I can be tomorrow.
I want to plant seeds of passion and creativity, that will someday yield fruits of satisfaction and stability.
I want to take on all opportunities.
I want to be at peace with failure.
I want the goals I've set to be measurable.
I want the world to be better, so we can get on with the fun stuff!
I want the question not to scare me.
I want to hear it as an invitation, not a accusation.
I want to have courage in my conviction and risk falling where I stand.
I want to envy no one.
I want my nephew to one day be proud of me.
I want to want things passionately and I want my love for them to make me immune to whatever insecurities I've been nursing for too many years.
All of this I want. And if you're out of stock: I'd really like to work toward it.

No comments:

Post a Comment