Sunday 5 November 2017

Day 6

Uggggh rain and gloom ...
I don't want to write about this...
So, I won't!
Tonight: light and sound becoming one.
This rain shower is no longer drab nor dreary.
POOF!
It is a hushed symphony of brilliant shades and faerie lights!

The drip drip drippings on the asphalt, light up the concrete jungle with a dizzying display.
Each sounds spouts out a little light, like a little bolt that took it's time just to meet you.
It draws the lucky few rain chasers that are up and about at this hour.
That is why I am here.
ut why are you here? Or are you here?
I think I see you, but let's face it I think I see you everywhere.(Most likely it's my brain trying to trick itself into feeding me joy. I cannot blame it or trying.)
But tonight thinking and seeing are one and the same.
So here we are.  On a street. Watching magic rain..
I say we are watching, but I keep sneaking a peak at you.
Your bliss is showing.
That secret smile you either play up for applause or lock up for fear of losing it.
Its here now.
It just took a miracle to make it comfortable.

You make a funny face when you catch me caring.
Despite missing your hidden grin, I can't help but laugh. After all, it was a really funny face.
But as we've already established: tonight you don't get sound without some light.
And so a river of pure joy pours out and plays a brief scene before me: you making me laugh.
At this you gasp, and sure enough your light follows through.
It bends along with mine, without losing itself.
It's not like paint, you see. It's light. And mine could never outshine yours.


I'm going to leave the narrative here, for now.
With joy and awe intermingling.
In a rain shower no longer drab nor dreary.

No comments:

Post a Comment