Sunday 19 November 2017

Day 19

Ego stripping

(In progress ... like everything else here)


I am the star of my own show.


You have all played your supporting parts beautifully.

The rotating cast has been amazing and the ongoing permanent crew is a wonder. 

And I suspect, everyone of them is running their own program.

The spinoffs often times surpass the original series.


But then there's you.

I don't want to look at you and think of me.

I don't want think of you as one of another of the many incoming-outgoing comers and goers

Who rotate in or out of my crazy adventures,

A guest spot who may or may not make another appearance, depending on the audience applause. 

That's crazy:

You deserve an ovation every time you enter onto one of my flimsy film sets.


If ever there were a piece, portion, or part in one particle from any other part of past article of myself I'd sooner see stripped from my self:

It would be my Ego.

I want you to be your own star.

One that shines bright, if not brighter, in the same sky as mine.

But my capital E Ego is lower cased "d" determined to make me see out of camera's one, two, three;

And we're live in HD.

...

I want to root for the you that has nothing to do with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment