Saturday 4 November 2017

Day 5

Good news: Time travel is possible.
Bad news: you can only travel forward.

You can adjust the speed at which you go.
Slow down, speed up. Go at a steady pace.
But you can never go back.
You may linger, trying to hold on to what is past. But it is ultimately an exercise on futility.
Don't waste your time trying to get back to before now.
Now will soon enough be then and then will be then-before-then and then you'll have missed out on an entire days worth of nows.
I have.
I have wasted days.
The times I try to get back feel like a book I keep re-reading, rather than accept the library around me.
I hesitate to exercise the lessons learned from the stage: that each scene played has a moment before and a moment after.
I have made a habit lingering to long in these two places.
The echo persists too long after the cry.
And eventually nostalgia gives way to hesitation.
The longer I linger in these wings, the longer the moment before drags out, and there is still a play to play.
So treat this as your minute to lights.
The stage is set and the lights are dimming.
You know where you are coming from. Breathe.
Now discover where you will go:

No comments:

Post a Comment