Friday 3 November 2017

Day 4

Dear people or persons in power,

Hi, hello. I've never done this before: spoken to power. It's new!
Let me begin by say this is NOT a complaint letter.
As a rule I do not like to complain. Mostly because a complaint is a tiny admission of my own powerlessness in face of a universe that is not so much cruel to my plights and circumstances, but rather one that is indifferent to them an that is a lot to take on over something as trivial as how long I have to wait for the next Rick & Morty episode to drop ...
I also want to make sure you know that the responsibilities and burdens of your position are not lost on me.
The few times I have had any level of authority over the lives of others are easily remembered. Guiding and caring for friends, strangers, even groups of people who didn't know I was the one making sure they got through an evening in one piece. Its never easy. And I always felt so unprepared. So why did I bother to play all that chess?! I thought chess would have some transferable application. Turns out it has very little.
...
You've probably guessed by now that my meandering attempts at disarmament are actually a misdirect from the theme of my reaching out to you.
It is out of some level of scrutiny.
I am sorry.
But know that it doesn't come from a place of perceived superiority, nor is it born from ignorance to the scope and magnitude of your duties.
Were I you reading this barely-a-letter, I would already be skimming down to the next part of the composition that is in anyway indicative of the point and purpose for this correspondence; rather than waste the eye movement or brain power on another phoneme of this long winded, reference dropping, time wasting, eye roll inducing, word count fluffing, synonym plumping, syntax rejecting, not-worth-the-key-strokes-it-took-to-type-it-out word vomit!
...
...
...
The point is, that I have some notes.
I have no position nor power to effect change in these things.
You do and the power you don't have, you have some access to.
So allow me to restate: I am not complaining. Because complaining is submitting to the conclusion that change is never possible by trying. Change is possible. Change through individual action, is possible.
I know you know this.
Now please, hear my notes and apply them.
They come from observation of human condition.
Empathy for the suffering of others.
Love and respect for the ones unjustly oppressed and repressed.
And there not even all my notes. only the ones that apply to your particular fields of jurisdiction.
Don't worry, I'm appealing to all the other courts too.
Hopefully they, like you, will see this for what it is: a consult from a doctor of the human condition. Of which your administration needs some advisement on.
Here are my notes, I urge you to apply the appropriate changes and I look forward to hearing your results.

No comments:

Post a Comment