Sunday 10 June 2018

Day 194

We may make it no farther than a few steps into this unknown wilderness, outside the comfort of this home built by our Fathers.
I am not so naive, anymore, to believe that we will break all boundaries in our quest.
I know that each curiosity pursued, will not see a conclusion.
No.
But in admitting this, I ask myself:  who shall begin, then?
I wonder upon those hapless travelers yet to come.
How we serve them in their journeys not yet started, and how we would be failing them to not break out of this comfort. This known quantity.
What do we do for those to come?
I have in me a fantastical fanatical fatalistic optimism: to try the door not yet tested.
And should that door open, it must either be shut again or walked through.
If walked through, a new story starts!
But if tried, opened and then closed again; no one may ever claim that the door has locked.
Is that not in itself a start?
Please.
Let you and I take these first steps together, so others may one day make the next.
Who knows what adventure we may by it; by simply showing a moments courage.

I await your answer in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment