Wednesday 6 June 2018

Day 191

The day before:
I've a lot of anxiety building up to tomorrow. There's a fatalistic beauty in the idea that though one person may damage a community; it takes the efforts of everyone to sustain it. And somehow, despite the fragility of one such arrangement: we maintain it.
Yes: I am invoking optimism.
Because regardless of how tomorrow ends, I know it isn't the end.
Full disclosure, I've already voted.
Like you have done, or soon will do, I voted for one stranger out of a set. Someone I've never met, but who wants a job and seeks my approval to get it.
Now they may not get that job, despite my recommendation; and someone else may win in spite of my protestation.
But regardless of how tomorrow ends, it isn't the end.
An audition isn't the rehearsal, nor does it even come close to opening night of a run.
Pace yourself. Tomorrow, while important, is only the day before we start day one.

No comments:

Post a Comment