Saturday 13 January 2018

Day 74

I don't want to live a metaphor, I wanna live a life, but I keep writing about life, when I should be writing metaphors.

I'm not great at metaphors.

I lack conviction.

That's the big difference between metaphor and simile.

A simile is softened and non committal.

"It's like this" is the literary equivalent of "I'm happy being whatever you need me to be."

A metaphor is unapologetic. A metaphor is declarative.

A metaphor is me making breakfast when you ask what I want.

I dunno. Here's some porridge you didn't ask for.

... admittedly, not a great example of a metaphor.

But that is why I have a hard time making.

Me having a hard time spelling commitment, may be a metaphor, but I'm unsure.

I'm okay being unsure, but what if I choke up when I am sure, and can't be decisive. Just because of habit?

No comments:

Post a Comment