Saturday 13 January 2018

Day 73

Making your map to bliss.
The first time I experienced wonder and awe is lost to me.
I wasn't yet capable of forming memories, when it happened.
Just taking it all in. This. That. Everything.
But the phantom ring of that first moment echoes in and around me.
A tone only I can hear, even if I don't always recognize it when played.
My entire life has been a elusive chase, in the largest game of hide and seek you ever did see.
It has shown me the base of my ambitions and plunged me fathoms deep within my own ego; which of the two is grander, explorers may never know.
Resist the urge to praise my stamina. There have been several instances when I'd given up the chase. Sometimes in deliberate defiance, offended that I should even have to chase down my own happiness. Shouldn't it just come when I call?
No. That is not how this works. Not that I know how it works, but I do know how it doesn't work.
It doesn't work in solitude. It won't be imagined or conjured. It will not be tricked nor bought nor bargained for.
It must sought. Sometimes in the most unfamiliar of places. Sometimes in places you've been a hundred times before. Tricky when wants to be, but worth it or the times you catch it...
So. How do we do this?
The best directions I can give, are to ask for directions.
The right people will direct you towards what you seek.
Which people? You'll know, when you know them, if your bliss has been near.
That ringing will vibrate the instruments within your chest.
It may hurt a bit, but in place of yelps, you'll find sighs.
In place of absence, you'll feel presence.
When you find these people, mark them on your map.
If you find you are lost in your quest, these are who you go back to.
Keep. Looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment