Wednesday 5 September 2018

Day 260

Waiting. The only thing worse than waiting for a stranger to arrive, is waiting in a greasy spoon that can't even get coffee right.|I try to stall as long as possible by looking over the crusty menu a couple more times,  but the pushy server keep rattling off the specials every time she overfills my cup of black tar.
I settle on the soup and sandwich. The server assures me that my sandwich is made with miracle whip instead of butter, because here they treat their diners. "Like what?" I don't ask.
Instead I check the watch on my left hand, while subtly dropping my right to the loaded cannon on my hip.
I make a note of the time, and vow to clear out the entire kitchen staff if my guest doesn't arrive in the next 15 minutes.
This is generosity on my part.
if the food arrives before than, I may have to start shooting then.
Better that, than actually eating the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment