Monday 3 September 2018

Day 245

Don't forget what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he always wanted: he lived happily ever after."
And then the half mad genius with the giant heart flies off into the clouds with our hero as credits roll.
And the child I was, watches it all with a little sadness.
Because it's over.
They lived happily ever after.
And yet I'm sad.
I'm sad because it's ended.
Endings are sad. This is implanted in me from a young age, and whether I'm aware of it or not, I keep this notion with me.
But something else is linked to this bizarre notion: happiness endings are sad. Therefore: happiness is sad.
I fear and avoid happily ever after.
Because ever "ever after" is just another way of saying "till the end" and endings are still sad.
So, how do we embrace happiness?
Don't worry about the ever after, because that comes after. Just try to live happily.
Live for that flying machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment