Tuesday 4 September 2018

Day 252

It was not at all like the movies have represented it - getting mugged.
For one thing, it was a lot quieter with much less dialogue than I had come to expect.
For another, the panic in the three hooded strangers was very palatable.
Don't get me wrong, they were also intimidating, sticks and clubs in hand while steadily encircling me.
But my fear of them was over whelmed by my pity for them.
The panic I felt in them.
I felt it when the first one lunged at me, I felt it when I when I broke his nose, I felt it when I broke the second ones neck, I felt it with every shuddering impact as I beat the third one to death with his own club.
All I could feel was their panic and doubt with this scenario.
I'm sure if they weren't dead, they would agree: this was nothing like the movies.
I suppose because this isn't a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment