Wednesday 23 May 2018

Day 179

Another adult monster I've encountered:
This one can be particularly annoying, and one I had encountered a lot at college and university. Possibly most of high school, too ...
Whether at work or in a social setting, I may find myself out of sync with the people around me.
Either I'm feeling optimistic and energized or I find myself on low day - I'm simply not walking to the same beat that the others are.
That's because, unbeknownst to me at the time, there was a little monster floating right beside my ear.
A tiny gramophone with wings, who plays the soundtrack of the world around me directly into my ear canal; but at either a higher rate of resolutions or slowed to a crawl. Either way, I'm not in rhythm with the the world around me.
And that can be isolating.
So go away tiny gramophone.
There are people alive today who have no idea what you're supposed to represent, even!
You're an antiquated reference!
You're the one who's out of sync!!
You're constantly in need of readjustment from a disembodied hand after repeating the same song lyric over and over again, not me!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment