Monday 5 March 2018

Day 117

I'm writing myself some passes for the week.

A pass for sleeping in.

A pass for an extra twenty minutes of lounging.

A pass for multiple wing nights, even though we have food at home!

A pass to worry about money.

A pass to be sad about a girl, this comes with a time limit.

A similar slip exists for feeling sorry for myself, but I try not to give out too many of those.

I don't just have passes.

I also have permission slips.

Slips that, once signed, give me permission to do a lot of things.

I've given myself permission to write.

Permission to go out and feel confident.

Permission to start so many projects and to fail as often as I need to - just to so long as I'm failing bigger each time.

Permission to be fond of people, and to express my fondness in sincere yet quirky ways.

Permission to distance myself from people, because I value independence.

Permission to be excited by an idea. As well as the permission to throw out that that same idea the moment it no longer excites me!

Permission to be both centre stage and supporting cast, and be confident in my ability to be both.

Permission to see myself as better than I am, without hating who I've been.

Permission to want. To try. To do.

Permission to be overwhelmed by love and permission to let go of it within breaths of each other.

I often need permission, before I will feel comfortable doing anything with confidence.

So I'm giving it. I permit myself.

And I have the forms to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment