Friday 2 March 2018

Day 111

So why do you put up with them? Even though they worry and frustrate you like nobody else can ...
Because I remember the time before we met, and I remember the time after.
And after meeting her I just couldn't stop wishing that I knew her when we were young. Regretting every day up till this one for not being the grand adventure we would've made it.
I would've laughed harder, ran faster, jumped higher. I would've wrestled dreams back to the ground and proudly said "I'm not done with you yet!" I wouldn't have tried to grow up so damn quickly, with her in my childhood. Asking if there was time for one more game...
I think on that knowing that there is a worse fate than meeting you playmate after you've grown up. And that would be missing her in my adult life too.
Why would I willingly do that to myself?
It's just too damn masochistic. Even for a writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment