Monday 2 December 2019

Yet even FURTHER controversy OR 'nother 'berta boy talkin

I'm gonna say something that is gonna pi$$ some people off.
Friends, neighbors, Canadians near and far.
But I have to say it, because it is my truth ...
And as I walked last night in the late evening chill, the fresh fallen powder beneath my feet, with crystalline flakes descending from above - I was reminded of that truth.
That I really do
love the snow.
Truly.
More playful than the rain, less moody than smog, not as punishing as wind, and not nearly as repetitive as thunder.
Yes, it is cold. I grant you.
But if it wasn't I my never come in doors.
I'd get lost each night in the flirtatious dance of light and color; between moonlit sky and snowy plain.
I should walk till spring, and risk being auspiciously content for the whole of the season.
Better to keep it cold, otherwise, I'll never seek out heaven again.

No comments:

Post a Comment