Thursday 12 December 2019

Orisons unto Morpheus OR Control freak continues to try and tell his subconscious what to do

Let me dream this night.
Let this night's dream be an odyssey.
Let me live an entire life in a single night, and all the while, let me know that it is a dream.
Let me face challenges, but when the journey takes a turn for the terrifying, I will not be terrified, because I'll remember it is just a dream
Let me overcome my obstacles and let me surprise myself.
Let me fly.
Let me dip my hands in the twilight and blend color and light into Van Gogh's Starry night.
Let me resume my quest, despite knowing it is just a dream.
Let me face down the armies.
Let me rebuild villages.
Let me befriend the dragon and free the captives.
Let me be strong and brave and bold.
Let me then grow old and wise.
Let me whisper what wisdom I've gleaned into the endless void, in hopes it may reach someone in need.
Let me do all of this, knowing that it is just a dream.
Let me face my end with warmth and joy, knowing that though this dream is ended, another will soon enough begin.
Let me embrace my dream's ending without fear and without remorse, knowing it is just a dream.
And in my final moment, before I am my waking self once more,
Let me glimpse myself as I am, and as who I have always been.

No comments:

Post a Comment