Wednesday 19 March 2014

A highschool student's parents don't want them to pursue acting.

I was led by the words of men long dead
To a path
to you.
It was new to me, and you were too.

I loved you; you rejected me.
I fought you and you beat me.
I acted valiantly and you made me feel ashamed.

On this, I've reflected.
Of this, I've inspected.
From this I've concluded:
Nothing justifies your sudden, certain leaving.

I rolled the dead mens' phrases
On my wet tongue
Till they were wet and it was numb
Till I forgot what I was remembering
And thought their words were my very own.

From this madness I went dumb,
and in dumbness: my body writhed:
I racked it to compacting into insignificance,
Wretched it beyond stretching what it's little limbs could ever reach.
All in attempts to, without words, cry:
"I'm not beautiful! ... Embrace me anyway ..."

I harvested every experience and every relationship;
no thought nor feeling, no matter how innocent,
was not molested and made sacrifice to you.

Now I know how to be naked without disrobing.

Now I fall in love with wisps of smoke, only to weep at their passing.

I've learned to hide my virtues and celebrate in my sins.
And here, beneath all the blood and bile, I've found you again.
Pure, imperfect: you ...

And just as sudden as you're there, you're gone.
So I make chase, unclean and unkempt.
Maybe I'll hold on longer next time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment