Friday 16 May 2014

A poet wrote some poetry, this is what that means to me:

I have been reading.
I have been re reading and in my re re reading.
I have relearned the meaning of one 4 letter word,
I found it in your 7 page world.
But this one word, whether or not it was the author's intent,
Has now and will always be a synonym for you.

Because I've realized, if you or it were whistled while I worked
I'd pay to stay and say fuck the vacation days.

There'd be no need for churches,
Cause we'd need no martyrs to barter for unnecessary salvation
We'd already be saved.
With you and this in our hearts: angels would beg to fall,
They'd claw their way out of heaven's gates just to glimpse the heavens in us all.

You're what dogs say to their owners with each sloppy kiss.
What children can't say when they first meet their Mom's, it's this.
What lives on my lips, as answer to the only question "what's worth the risk?"
What William Shakespeare spent 154 sonnets trying to find the words for;
That was you, because you are this:

...
Guessed yet?
It's big but it's little,
But don't be deceived, it's not short n sweet.
It will bring you to your knees and lift you to your feet.
And it may or may not make the world go round,

But next time I re read what you wrote again,
I'll be reminded to feel the spin.

No comments:

Post a Comment